Saturday, February 12, 2011

Been Busy?

It would be easy to blame my recent lack of blogging on any number of things: Trying to get a new business off the ground, having children who catch the ‘germ of the week’ at school, southern snowfalls and the subsequent ‘no school today so you have to keep your own children busy’ school cancellation days, suffering from a horrible head cold, making valentines gifts, the ever time consuming Destination ImagiNation team meetings several times a week… I could go on but it is really just a busy life taking me away from the computer and Honeys blog.
But just because I have not blogged does not mean Honey has not been doing fun and funny things lately. Honey is now 50 pounds and still growing! She has lost most of her puppy teeth including her canines – or as the kids and I say – her fangs (she had both upper canines come in without the baby ones falling out) – so we can no longer call her Jaws or Fang Face. Honey absolutely loves snow – eating it, playing in it, and burying her nose in it (although I suspect she is secretly trying to scavenge for rocks, dirt or grass!). It appears that she cannot go out in the snow without coming in with a beard of snow, hence the new nickname Old Woman.
Today was our puppy raiser meeting. We had some quick obedience lessons and then Honey and her brother, Moose, boarded the trolley and rode around town for an hour. Honey did very well until the 45 minute mark when she decided it was time to busy. It was hard to keep her in a down, under (or was it an under, down?). Luckily, Honey was able to hold on and busied after the ride. Honey then sat through a DI Instant Challenge meeting for 1 ½ hours. I let her stay home instead of attending the Boy Scout meeting today since she was tuckered out from all the morning and afternoon activities. Now the sweet girl is sleeping next to my chair as I type away. Of course, she is sleeping on the hard plastic mat my chair rolls on instead of the soft carpet a foot away or the brand new bed I bought her today! Gotta’ love her!

1 comment: