I splurged and bought myself a new pair of (really expensive) shoes. I am not Imelda Marcos and, for the record, I have not purchased new shoes for myself in well over 5 years (not counting sneakers). I only own several pairs of shoes, mainly because
- I do not work outside of my home any more (yay for being self employed and home office!)
- Aside from black, white, cream and navy shoes - how many more pairs do I really need?
- Having been cursed with Womens size 5 feet makes it really hard to find shoes that fit and are stylish
- Having been cursed with EEEE width feet makes it really, really, really hard to find shoes
- Being dragged, I mean, walking a dog in shoes does not work for me
I brought them home and within an hour - to my horror - this is what I see
Now I make certain I put my shoes away behind a closed door!