Saturday, December 11, 2010

Toothbrushing or sanctioned biting?

After the nail clipping fiasco Thursday evening I put off the rest of Honey’s grooming routine until today. We have been brushing her teeth weekly since she arrived. We were instructed to brush her teeth using one of these little finger toothbrushes.



The instructions: ‘Place finger in the finger toothbrush. Apply the toothpaste to the finger toothbrush. Gently brush teeth and gums using short, back and forth strokes’. It really makes me wonder… what crazy person thought it was a good idea to put a rubber barrier on your finger, smear it with dog loving pasty toothpaste and then stick it in your dogs mouth and expect not to be bitten? Honey does really well when I massage her gums but as soon as I attempt the short, back and forth strokes as directed, Honey just bites away. Mind you, the barrier does provide protection from the razor sharp puppy teeth slicing open my finger but I feel really dumb saying ‘Good Girl, Honey’ while she is biting my finger toothbrush covered finger.
Is this not just sanctioned biting?

Look at those pearly whites!
Disclaimer: No dogs (or humans) were injured during the production of this photograph

No comments:

Post a Comment