Friday, January 21, 2011

Ever Have One of THOSE Days?

If I were ever to have another one of 'those days', today was going to be it. I had too many things to do and too little time to do it. To top it all off, school was cancelled due to snow again (1 inch). I was managing pretty well until Honey shared her newest trick. I do NOT like this trick. Recently she has been trying to steal trash from the can beside my computer. I could make life easier by moving the trash can but I (foolishly) thought it is good opportunity to practice 'leave it' and 'no'. Of course, in my head I am screaming 'knock it off already!' - but I digress. Today Honey garbage picked a discarded sock with a hole in it. I told her to drop it and she ran off - and kept running. I tried to step on her leash but she was too quick. There was no way I was going to catch her. Honey kept circling from the kitchen to the front hall, to the dining room, to the living room, to the recreation room, to my bedroom and back. For a change, I was thankful the boys were home as we zeroed in and limited her avenues for escape and cornered her in the butler’s pantry. It wasn't 15 minutes later when Honey stole my pajama top and repeated her earlier escapades. This time we wrangled her down in the front hall. Before dinner she stole a shirt I just folded off the couch. We pinned her down in the dining room. As if that was not enough, tonight she stole a dirty sock from the laundry room. Billy helped me capture her in the kitchen. While Honey may think this is a fun game, I am not enjoying it. Not one little bit. And before you start thinking ‘poor Honey’ let me assure you she is not a poor dog without toys. Scotty is on Honey duty this weekend (explanation to follow in Tuesday’s blog). I hope he can put a quick end to this new trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment